Sep 28, 2007

Heading to Inner Mongolia

I always promised myself that on one of my trips to China I either wanted to enter the country from the far west - Pakistan, or from the north - Mongolia. Well, I still have yet to make good on that, but I'm getting closer.

The coming week is vacation (for National Day)...and I've gotta leave in 10 minutes for Inner Mongolia. (This is the Chinese part of Mongolia...) It will be GREAT to have an extended break from the city life. I've been told that approximately 1% of the country's population lives in Beijing, while at the same time, 15-20% of the cars are in the capital city!

I'm travelling with 3 people from Denmark, 1 from Netherlands, and a guy from California. We don't have anything booked except roundtrip airfare...but we do know that we'd like to go out to the grasslands and to the desert!

I HAVE to cut this short, and I'll be offline until the latter part of next week. Expect my next post to be lengthy w/ an update on Inner Mongolia, and also about classes.

See you in October.

No comments: