Sep 6, 2007

Now this get's interesting!...tech hurdles on the mainland

Was going to make this a short post, or forgo it altogether, but then I had trouble even accessing my page. Turns out Blogspot is blocked in China (among numerous other sites, like the beloved Wikipedia...).

So even though I'm literally running on fumes right now, I've spent the last hour researching what is "ok" vs. what is unlawful to do on the web in China...and I'll be amazed if this current post actually gets loaded up.

Honestly, when I started postings I was worried that my biggest constraint would be free time...but first hurdle was being able to post/access the blog at all to keep it current. Now that I've hopped China's fence on restriction on free speech...um, scratch that. (How about I celebrate after I get back and have successfully been able to maintain access throughout my semester here.) Props to my sister who helped me with the current workaround...

---------------------

To sum up my trip over here...it was a LOOOOOOONG day of travel. From leaving in the morning from Philly to the moment I dropped my bags in the dorm room at Tsinghua - 25.5 hours on 4 hours of sleep. On that note...time to get some shut-eye, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep straight through until Saturday. :)

BTW - here's one example of the volatile blog-situation in PRC.

No comments: